If you’re off to feed the ducks at Birmingham’s Cannon Hill Park, PLEASE don’t take bread as it’s no good for the ducks or their feathered friends.
Instead, pay the mac Birmingham ticket office a visit, where you can buy Quack Snacks packs of nutritious floating duck food.
Quacks Snacks packs are now plastic free, so even if you don’t pop them in your paper recycling, you won’t be adding to the plastic waste problem!
As Cannon Hill is a very popular place to feed the ducks, we’ve all got to be extra careful that we’re not doing them or their environment any harm – so please bear in mind these responsible duck feeding tips:
- Feed with the right foods – never bread!
- Avoid overcrowding – don’t feed right by everyone else.
- Don’t overfeed – offer small snack portions.
- Scatter food sparingly over the water.
- Dispose of your litter carefully.
And finally….. whilst you’re in the mac, we heartily recommend the chocolate cake in the café (that’s for you, not the ducks!) and for you to check out their wide range of events and courses.